Monday, January 30, 2012

Some attention for a poor, neglected blog.

Perhaps it’s time to become resigned to life without sleep.
Anyhow…

There were various memorable occurrences in our family this week. In no particular order:

One day while I was nursing Abigail, Caleb came up to me with a toy butterfly and said, ”Are you feeding the baby?”
“Yes,” I said.
“Can I feed my baby too?”
“Sure.”
Then he climbed up on the couch next to me, sat just like I was sitting, lifted up his shirt, and held the butterfly to his bare chest.
I couldn’t make that up.

Also memorable was the moment when Daniel held out his hand to the baby and said, “Abigail, do you have money for the poor?”

Oh, and according to Caleb, Abigail has been throwing him out the window again.

Caleb approached Daniel with a small toy boat partially filled with water. “Daniel, do you want water?”
“Where did you get water, Caleb?” I asked, thinking he’d been into the cat’s water dish or maybe the kitchen sink, again.
“The toilet,” he said.
(I think the grossometer broke trying to calculate the disgustingness of that.)

The boys finally finished off Caleb’s bed frame. It awaits repairs.

Please bear with me, because I can’t do this story justice.
Daniel’s favourite excuse for not napping is that he’s “happy” and not tired. One morning this week, the boys were up very early and Anthony sent them back to bed, then left for work. I was still in bed, and overheard them talking.
This is an approximation:
“Caleb, are you happy?”
“Yes, I am happy.”
“You’re not tired, are you?”
“No.”

“I’m not tired, I’m happy!”
“I’m not tired, I’m happy!”

"Wow Caleb! You're happy!"
"I'm happy!'
“Caleb, we’re not tired, we’re happy, so we can go upstairs and play with toys!”
“Yeah, let’s go upstairs!”
And then I heard the pitter-patter of little feet going out the bedroom door and up the stairs.

That's what the boys did.

Abigail sat and looked beautiful all day.