Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Welcome, technology!

Daniel is especially like... himself today. Earlier this morning I happened upon him and Caleb making a great deal of noise. Caleb didn't sound particularly happy.

"Daniel, are you scaring Caleb?" I asked.

"No, I'm killing him!" said my eldest son.

"THUMP!" went my head against the wall.
(Okay, I made that part up.)

Oh Daniel, you're killing the rest of us, too!

So, it was obvious to my skilled mother-eye that outside time was a necessity, not an option. Out we went.

Earlier this morning, the telephone guys had been out with their big truck. There was also a pickup truck full of construction signs. The lettering on the doors said "Mackenzie Security." It was this truck that they left parked in our driveway with both windows wide open. Yup. Security experts for sure, these guys.

Anyhow, the truck was great fun. The boys had fun leaving fingerprints all over it, and I had fun trying to stop them!!!

Then we officially invented Flower Bopping.

"Bop the flowers!" I told Caleb, with all the enthusiasm of any parent trying to convince a two-year-old that the suggested activity is fun and engaging.

Caleb ran to the nearest waist-high patch of weeds and happily began slapping them with his hands, yelling "Bop! Bop!"

Words cannot adequately express the hilarity of little Caleb "bopping" flowers. Flower Bopping has bopped its way to the top of the list of things I want to capture on video.

But the telephone guys have just come back with their fancy truck, and I want to see how the "security experts" do at installing fibre optic cable. Welcome, technology!