Thursday, August 25, 2011

Breakfast

Sorry, Tracie, this won't be a long post. ;)

This must be grocery day. I know this because the boys had two choices for breakfast cereal: Sugar-Coated Sugar Lumps and Rainbow Sugar-Coated Sugar Lumps. Daniel had Rainbow Sugar-Coated Sugar Lumps, and now our home insurance rates are on the rise. Caleb, sensible lad, spat out his Rainbow Sugar-Coated Sugar Lumps. "Are they that bad?" I asked. "Yes," said Caleb firmly. And so I gave in and my almost-two-year-old had pablum for breakfast. (Because if you can't win with Rainbow Sugar-Coated Sugar Lumps on your side, you just can't win.)

Caleb is also enjoying a book we picked up at the dollar store when Daniel was about his size. It's called "First Words Glitter Book". On the back cover it says:
  • A glittery foil book to help early readers learn their first words.
  • Promotes literacy.
  • Glittery foil details on every page.
  • And did we mention that it's shiny?
(Okay, I made that last one up.)

So now that we've promoted literacy, it's time for some much-needed outside time, before the insurance company sees the way my firstborn son bounces around our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment